December 2, 2002
The Board of Supervisors of Pennsbury Township held a regular meeting on Monday,
December 2, 2002. All members, Mr. Patten and Ms. Howley were present and the
minutes approved as submitted.
Township Manager Kathy Howley reported the following:
- Will arrange a breakfast meeting with Lt. Dougherty of the state police to review
- DEP is now requiring the township to submit application for MS4 which deal with
storm water management maintenance and activity throughout the township.
Compliance is required by March '03.
- Matt Houtmann stated escrows for landscaping etc. should be obtained from
Steger Gowie before plans are signed. Dave Patten will notify them of this.
They should also have all engineering bills paid to the township before plan
- Reminder to all of the Holiday Open House this Sunday, December 8th at 1 p.m.
Roadmaster Dave Allen reported the following:
- Brush and chipping went well. We are still picking up leaves because of the
lateness of the season.
- Dump truck bed is being installed and equipment is ready for the winter
- Will be putting up new battlefield historic landmark signs on Rt. 100 and
- Knoll curb project went well. Supervisors advised Matt to get the bid package
ready for next year so we can get it done early in order to obtain a good price.
- Bill Holloway stated the scouts would like to wire the shed for electricity. Ray
Coe, scoutmaster, will contact Dave Allen about this. Scouts would also like to
arrange for completing their 100 hours of service in the park. They should
contact Dave Allen to get projects and direction.
- Township sign on Rt. 1 was knocked down in an accident over the weekend.
Crew will replace poles and put up again.
Township Engineer Matt Houtmann reported the following:
- Ponds Edge escrow - Matt issued a letter approving the release of the remaining
escrow to Donald McKay. The amount is approximately $26,000.
- Duke property - hold harmless agreement was signed by the Board and Ms.
Duke in order for Jeff Berlin to remove the macadem on her property.
- Hillhurst - road was paved. Mr. Becker has to finish some landscaping and do
as builts. A 6 month extension should be given to complete the work.
December 2, 2002
- Dawson Mill - will add 50 ft of Mr. Worth's property to the project. The dredging
of the pond will be bid out and done by an independent contractor. The parking
lot will go over a water authority right of way and the township crew can
accomplish this. Will meet with Rob Howard and township on Dec. 5th to outline
scope of work.
Larry Anderson stated that he has not been successful in getting Jeff Berlin to return
his calls regarding the tree work to be done on properties included in the Rt. 926 and
Parkersville Rd. project. Matt Houtmann and Rusty Drumheller have been instructed to
advise Jeff to return calls to Larry when they talk to him.
A bill list dated December 2nd numbering 4031-4050 was submitted and approved for
payment by the Board. With no further business the meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.