October 6, 2003
The Board of Supervisors of Pennsbury Township held a regular meeting on Monday,
October 6, 2003. All members, Mr. Patten and Ms. Howley were present and the
minutes approved as submitted.
Manger Kathleen Howley reported the following:
There will be a work session for the budget on October 29, 2003 at 7:30 a.m.
CCATO will have their Fall convention November 6th at the Mendenhall Inn. Please let me know who will attend.
The township received information from Berkheimer Assoc. regarding the collection of taxes for 2004. The Board approved contracting with them for the collection of taxes.
A proposal for park construction documents was received from YMS. Ann Yost will meet with the supervisors on October 8th to discuss this proposal.
Jim Sears, township emergency management, has suggested using a
cooperative agreement with the surrounding townships when there is an
emergency. The Board approved this and Dave Patten will draft this agreement
SECCRA - Bill Stulkin gave a presentation on the landfill and brought the Board up to
date on operations. It was noted that Pennsbury is one of the original townships
supporting the landfill. They are in the process of expanding and getting the proper
permits. The more recycling we can do, the less trash will end up in the landfill and the
longer it will last. Permitting should take them to 2037. Bill Corbishley, township
representative on their board, stated that our township has the most recycling and we
are not a mandated municipality. Reduce, reuse and recycle. People should recycle
properly and there are signs posted at the dumpster for this.
Township Engineer Matt Houtmann reported the following:
1. Courts at Longwood - the developer has completed many things but still is not finished. It appears he is even more behind on the Pocopson Twp side. The developer's agreement expires Oct. 7th and will not be extended. The Board instructed Mr. Houtmann to arrange to finish the work and Mr. Patten will contact the bank for a release of the funds for this. The escrow monies will not be released to the developer until all work is done. The residents present stated there is still tree work to be completed. Mr. Houtmann agreed to meet with them on site to go over items still outstanding.
Hillhurst - A complaint was received from Mr. Pinamont, resident regarding the recent work being done on the basin. Matt conducted a site visit and issued a letter. A copy was sent to Mr. Pinamont. Ms. Howley stated that Jack Becker
October 6, 2003
developer, has also contacted Mr. Pinamont about this and has resolved the
issue. The work had been done according to the subdivision plans. Mr. Becker
knows he must complete the landscaping and take down a tree before we will
consider taking over the road. Fencing must also be put in place to delineate
open space. He intends to complete everything this month.
Knoll drainage - Matt presented a plan to the Board showing drainage correction
at Washington and Constitution. The cost will be approximately $67,000 which
will be funded from the state account. Mr. Wasko asked that a grate to prevent
leaves to clogging up the drain be placed at the inlet by his home. Matt was
instructed to advertise for bid opening as soon as possible and we can advertise
a special meeting for bid opening in order to complete the work this year. He
will continue to work on the drainage plans for Stirling Way at Constitution. This
work will be let for bid in the Spring.
Code Enforcement Officer Rusty Drumheller reported the following:
Hilt property - house is built but sewage system cannot be installed because of wet soils. They have put together an agreement with the township to pump periodically until they can get the system in. Rusty will review this with the Health Department and get back to the Board.
Rusty recommended an ordinance amendment including the location of driveways in "as builts".
Chadds Ford Elementary School - it was agreed to issue a temporary occupancy permit to expire with the Christmas holiday in order to give them time for correct the fire alarm system. Board agreed as long as they indemnify the township on this issue.
Architectural Hardware - will set up a meeting with them and the township to
address the defective township building doors.
Matt Houtmann visited the Labes property on Brintons Bridge Road and observed the
drainage problem appears to be drying up. Will Sappington suggested revisiting the
issue later if it appears to resurface. Rusty will remind the Health Department to check
the sewage problem at this property.
Sandy Bielby was present and asked the township to check into the drainage problem at the top of the cul de sac on Hanover Drive. Matt Houtmann said he would check this out next time he was in that area and report back to the Board. She also asked if there could be some regulation put in place for deer fencing. Her neighbor behind her put up white fencing on top of their fence which is not attractive. She contacted them and they did work out a solution. The Board stated they could not get involved in regulating types and color of fencing. She was asked to write an article for the next newsletter
October 6, 2003
on deer fencing which she agreed to do. The supervisors thanked her for her
The Zoning Hearing Board approved the applications for May and Bierdeman. The
Board asked Rusty Drumheller to check out the signage at Chadds Ford West and the
display of goods at the Teak shop on Rt. 1. Rusty will prepare for the adoption of the
BOCA 2000 code January, 2004 and will follow up with the Chadds Ford Animal
Hospital for compliance with the zoning hearing board decision.
It was noted that the Lyman and Woodward properties have asked to be included in
our Agricultural Security District. This has been advertised and the Planning
Commission and County have been asked for their input.
A bill list dated October 6, 2003 numbering 4708-4764 was submitted and approved for
payment by the Board.
With no further business the meeting adjourned at 10:10 p.m.